[GENERAL] Connection utilisation for pglogical - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rory Campbell-Lange
Subject [GENERAL] Connection utilisation for pglogical
Date
List pgsql-general
Ahead of setting up a testing environment to tryout pglogical, I'm keen
to learn of the connection requirements for pglogical publisher and
subscribers.

Our use case is a cluster of (say) 200 databases, and we would like to
look into aggregating data from a certain table using a row filter hook
into a central database, possibly in a remote cluster, for further
processing.

Based on the docs at https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/pglogical, the
configuration parameters appear to be:
   wal_level = 'logical'   max_worker_processes = 10   # one per database needed on provider node
       # one per node needed on subscriber node   max_replication_slots = 10  # one per node needed on provider node
max_wal_senders= 10        # one per node needed on provider node   shared_preload_libraries = 'pglogical'

So presumably in my example I assume we need 200 max_worker_processes,
200 max_replication_slots and 200 max_wal_senders? Does this translate
into 200 actual database connections?

Thanks for any advice
Rory