Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 2017-09-19 09:58:26 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:

> On September 19, 2017 9:53:28 AM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >Well, please fix it ASAP, if you don't want to take it out pending
> >the fixes.
>
> Will as soon as I finished my morning coffee. Uncaffeinated, which my phone fittingly autocorrects to unvaccinated,
commitsaren't a good idea.

Done. Survived ~100 cycles here locally, while running make -j16 -s
check-world in two parallel branches. But I have a fast disk, so it's
not comparable.

If the buildfarm doesn't complain about the use of IPC::Run's timeout
functionality, we should probably patch that into the other use of
IPC::Run as well, but especially into the other user of the pump() until
... scheme.

Greetings,

Andres Freund