Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for coordinating record typmodsamong parallel worke - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for coordinating record typmodsamong parallel worke
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 2017-09-15 15:07:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> It's moot as long as we're not reusing workers, anyway: nothing is
> going to touch any of the record-tupdesc data before process exit.

Right - I'm ok with the end-result, I was just a bit confused about the
justification, because neither before nor after the patch it's safe to
continue executing arbitrary things in the worker. Just unsafe in
different ways. Before you could reuse a typemod, now you can use a
dangling pointer.

Greetings,

Andres Freund