Re: [GENERAL] Logging the fact that a log was shipped - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Logging the fact that a log was shipped
Date
List pgsql-general
## Ron Johnson (ron.l.johnson@cox.net):

> > I'd put a wrapper around your rsync (a short shell script
> > would be sufficient) in the lines of rsync ... && logger "done",
> > that way you'd get the information via syslog.
>
> And if logging to stderr?

In that case your original approach could have worked - after all,
archive_command is run via a simple system() call. It might depend
on the logging collector and how you started PostgreSQL in the first
place... I'm not sure why it didn't work for you, but your original
mail didn't have much detail in that area.
Perhaps just add a -v to the rsync command line and see what happens?

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space.