Re: [NOVICE] Does pg store all `timestamp with time zone` inlocaltime? Why? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Does pg store all `timestamp with time zone` inlocaltime? Why?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Yann Salaün wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was surprised to observe this behavior in psql (my time zone is GMT+2)

No, it stores in UTC and converts back and forth as you store then in
and as you read them out.  It depends on the TimeZone configuration
parameter each time.  The TZ that was current when the value was stored,
is itself NOT stored in the same column.  You could add a column to
store that TZ, if you wanted.