Re: [HACKERS] PgFDW connection invalidation by ALTER SERVER/ALTERUSER MAPPING - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PgFDW connection invalidation by ALTER SERVER/ALTERUSER MAPPING
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 20 Jul 2017 18:23:05 -0400, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
<20170720222305.ij3pk7qw5im3wozr@alvherre.pgsql>
> Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
>
> > Finally, I added a new TAP test library PsqlSession. It offers
> > interactive psql sessions. Then added a simple test to
> > postgres_fdw using it.
>
> Hmm, I think this can be very useful for other things.  Let's keep this
> in mind to use in the future, even if we find another way to fix the
> issue at hand.  In fact, I had a problem a couple of weeks ago in which
> I needed two concurrent sessions and one of them disconnected in the
> middle of the test.  Can't do that with isolationtester ...

Thanks. I agree that it still useful to write more complex
tests. The most significant issue on this (PsqlSession.pm) comes
from the fact that I didn't find the way to detect the end of an
query execution without attaching a bogus query.. And this kind
of things tend to be unstable on an high-load environment.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center