Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #14680: startup process on standby encounter adeadlock of TwoPhaseStateLock when redo 2PC xlog - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #14680: startup process on standby encounter adeadlock of TwoPhaseStateLock when redo 2PC xlog
Date
In response to [BUGS] Re: BUG #14680: startup process on standby encounter a deadlock ofTwoPhaseStateLock when redo 2PC xlog  (wangchuanting <wangchuanting@huawei.com>)
Responses [BUGS] Re: BUG #14680: startup process on standby encounter a deadlock ofTwoPhaseStateLock when redo 2PC xlog  (wangchuanting <wangchuanting@huawei.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
wangchuanting wrote:
> we use Postgres-XC+pg10(4 coordinator + 4 datanode(pg 10 as datanode, and 1
> master 1 standby for each datanode)), and benchmark tpcc, there is some
> cross datanode transactions that use 2pc, during testing, we restart the
> cluster, then one datanode standby can not recovery done and hangup with
> TwoPhaseStateLock deadlock.
>
> and sorry, we reinstall the cluster, and the log is removed, we will try to
> reproduce, but anyway, the code is not right like Michael saied.

Did you have any luck reproducing the original issue?  It would be good
if you could confirm that the bug is gone with the patch I posted in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170611022536.goef4cdbmgicye5g@alvherre.pgsql

Thanks