[BUGS] BUG #14669: logical replication isn't working - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ineyman@perceptron.com
Subject [BUGS] BUG #14669: logical replication isn't working
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14669
Logged by:          Igor Neyman
Email address:      ineyman@perceptron.com
PostgreSQL version: 10beta1
Operating system:   Windows

Installed 10BETA1 which I downloaded from EnterpriseDB. Can't make logical
replication working.

Created Publication on “source” PG server just fine, but when I’m trying to
CREATE SUBSCRIPTION… on “destination” server, I’m getting:

“ERROR: could not connect to the publisher: could not send data to server:
Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) could not send SSL negotiation
packet: Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) SQL state: XX000”

In order to verify that connection works between “destination” and “source”
servers:
I created Postgres_fdw extension on “destination” server,
then I created server “fdw_server” foreign data wrapper postgres_fdw with
the same connection options that I’m using when I’m trying to CREATE
SUBSCRIPTION,
and it works fine: using this server (fdw_server) I can create foreign
tables to access tables on the “source” server, and see select from these
foreign tables.
So, it looks like a problem with logical replication and not with my
setup/configuration.