Re: [HACKERS] Bug with pg_basebackup and 'shared' tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Bug with pg_basebackup and 'shared' tablespace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, I noticed this just now.

At Mon, 01 May 2017 19:28:59 +0200, Pierre Ducroquet <p.psql@pinaraf.info> wrote in
<05c62730-8670-4da6-b783-52e66fb42232@pinaraf.info>
> I didn't have much time to spend on that issue until today, and I
> found a way to solve it that seems acceptable to me.
>
> The biggest drawback will be that if the backup is interrupted,
> previous tablespaces already copied will stay on disk, but since that
> issue could already happen, I don't think it's too much a drawback.
> The patch simply delays the empty folder checking until we start
> reading the tablespace tarball. The first entry of the tarball being
> the PG_MAJOR_CATVER folder, that can not be found otherwise, there is
> no real alternative to that.
>
> I will submit this patch in the current commit fest.

My concern is the behavior different from server, it accepts
existing catver directory if it is empty.

Anyway, I think it's better that ReceiveAndUnpackTarFile()
doesn't accept any existing direcotry.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi