[HACKERS] Documentation about pg_stat_bgwriter - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject [HACKERS] Documentation about pg_stat_bgwriter
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi. While I read the documentation I found the following
description about some columns in pg_stat_bgwriter.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/monitoring-stats.html#pg-stat-bgwriter-view

This table shows cluster-global values, not per-backend values.

> maxwritten_clean:
>   Number of times the background writer stopped a cleaning scan
>   because it had written too many buffers
> buffers_backend:
>   Number of buffers written directly by a backend
> buffers_backend_fsync:
>   Number of times a backend had to execute its own fsync call
>   (normally the background writer handles those even when the
>   backend does its own write)

Since the values are the summary in a cluster, the 'a backend's
in the last two seems wrong *to me*. I suppose the 'a backend'
should be just 'backends' or 'backends other than the background
writer' (This seems a bit verbose.).

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi