[HACKERS] Google Summer Of Code 2017 & PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject [HACKERS] Google Summer Of Code 2017 & PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings!

I am very pleased to be able to announce that the PostgreSQL project has
been approved for 4 GSoC projects this year!

The four projects are:

- Add errors handling and parallel execution to COPY
 Student: Alexey Kondratov Mentors: Anastasia Lubennikova, Alexander Korotkov, Alvaro Herrera

- Eliminate O(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions
 Student: Mengxing Liu Mentors: Alvaro Herrera, Kevin Grittner

- Explicitly support predicate locks in index AMs besides btree
 Student: Shubham Barai Mentors: Andrey Borodin, Kevin Grittner

- Foreign Keys for Array Elements
 Student: Mark Rofail Mentors: Alexander Korotkov, Stephen Frost, Alvaro Herrera

Please be welcoming to our students as they learn about our community,
project, code, and how to communicate on the mailing lists and begin
their hacking on PostgreSQL!

Feel free to reach out to me or David Steele, as the co-administrator,
with any questions regarding the GSoC program.

Thanks!

Stephen
PostgreSQL GSoC 2017 Administrator