Re: [HACKERS] Error message on missing SCRAM authentication witholder clients - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Error message on missing SCRAM authentication witholder clients
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Magnus,

> +1, even though it's not strictly speaking a bugfix to go in a backpatch, I
> think it will help enough users that it's worth doing. And I can't see how
> it could possibly be unsafe...

Well, strictly speaking there could be applications that parse error
messages using regular expressions or something like this. But I don't
think it's something we should really bother about.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev