Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 01:06:05PM -0400, Tels wrote:
> Moin,
>
> On Mon, April 24, 2017 9:31 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 10 release notes.  They
> > are current as of two days ago, and I will keep them current.  Please
> > give me any feedback you have.
>
> Thank you! Here is one thing I noticed:
>
> "By default planning and execution is display by EXPLAIN ANALYZE and not
> display in other cases. The new EXPLAIN option SUMMARY allows explicit
> control of this."
>
> The grammar sounds a bit off, I'd suggest:
>
> "By default planning and execution time are both displayed by EXPLAIN
> ANALYZE and not displayed in other cases. The new EXPLAIN option SUMMARY
> allows explicit control of this feature."

I think all that was missing was "time":
       By default planning and execution time is display by       <command>EXPLAIN ANALYZE</> and not display in other
cases.      The new <command>EXPLAIN</> option <literal>SUMMARY</> allows       explicit control of this.

http://enterprisedb.com