Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tels
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Moin,

On Mon, April 24, 2017 9:31 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 10 release notes.  They
> are current as of two days ago, and I will keep them current.  Please
> give me any feedback you have.

Thank you! Here is one thing I noticed:

"By default planning and execution is display by EXPLAIN ANALYZE and not
display in other cases. The new EXPLAIN option SUMMARY allows explicit
control of this."

The grammar sounds a bit off, I'd suggest:

"By default planning and execution time are both displayed by EXPLAIN
ANALYZE and not displayed in other cases. The new EXPLAIN option SUMMARY
allows explicit control of this feature."

Regards,

Tels