Re: [HACKERS] multivariate statistics (v25) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] multivariate statistics (v25)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I tried patch 0002 today and again there are conflicts, so I rebased and
fixed the merge problems.  I also changed a number of minor things, all
AFAICS cosmetic in nature:

* moved src/backend/statistics/common.h to src/include/statistics/common.h, as previously commented.  I also took out
postgres.hand most of the includes; instead, put all these into each .c source file.  That aligns with our established
practice.I also removed two prototypes that should actually be in stats.h. I think statistics/common.h should be
furtherrenamed to statistics/stats_ext_internal.h, and statistics/stats.h to something different though I don't know
whatATM.

* Moved src/include/utils/stats.h to src/include/statistics, clean it up a bit.

* Moved some structs from analyze.c into statistics/common.h, removing some duplication; have analyze.c include that
file.

* renamed src/test/regress/sql/mv_ndistinct.sql to stats_ext.sql, to collect all ext.stats. related tests in a single
file,instead of having a large number of them.  I also added one test that drops a column, per David Rowley's reported
failure,but I didn't actually fix the problem nor add it to the expected file.  (I'll follow up with that tomorrow, if
Tomasdoesn't beat me to it).  Also, put the test in an earlier parallel test group, 'cause I see no reason to put it
last.

* A bunch of stylistic changes.

The added tests pass (or they passed before I added the drop column
tests; not a surprise really that they pass, since I didn't touch
anything functionally), but they aren't terribly exhaustive at the stage
of the first patch in the series.

I didn't get around to addressing all of David Rowley's input.  Also I
didn't try to rebase the remaining patches in the series on top of this
one.