Re: [HACKERS] Report the number of skipped frozen pages by manualVACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yugo Nagata
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Report the number of skipped frozen pages by manualVACUUM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I think this is good since the information is useful and it is
a little change.

One thing I'm bothered is that even when the number of frozen page is
one, it will say "1 frozen pages". In other messages, when the
number of page is one, the word "page" rather than "pages" is used
by using ngettext().

In addition, the document (doc/src/sgml/ref/vacuum.sgml) need a modification
to use the new messages in its example.

BTW, this patch can't be applied after the following commit.

commit 9eb344faf54a849898d9be012ddfa8204cfeb57c
Author: Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>
Date:   Fri Mar 3 19:18:25 2017 +0530
   Allow vacuums to report oldestxmin

Regards,