Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 1 Mar 2017 12:17:43 -0500, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
<dc7faead-61c4-402e-a6dc-534192833d77@2ndquadrant.com>
> > However this is dangerous as logical replication slot does not consider
> > it error when too old LSN is requested so we'd continue replication,
> > hiding data loss.
>
> In general, we would need a much more evident and strict way to discover
> when this condition is hit.  Like a "full" column in
> pg_stat_replication_slot, and refusing connections to the slot until it
> is cleared.

Anyway, if preserving WAL to replicate has priority to the
master's health, this doesn't nothing by leaving
'max_wal_keep_segments' to 0.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi