Re: [GENERAL] intentional or oversight? pg_dump -c does not restoredefault priviliges on schema public - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [GENERAL] intentional or oversight? pg_dump -c does not restoredefault priviliges on schema public
Date
In response to Re: [GENERAL] intentional or oversight? pg_dump -c does not restoredefault priviliges on schema public  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Adrian,

* Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:
> I am following this up to the point of not understanding what
> exactly changed between 9.5 and 9.6. Namely 9.5 does include the
> default ACL's in the dump output and 9.6 does not.

Quite a bit in pg_dump changed, but the relevant bit here is that we now
try to include in the pg_dump output any ACLs which have been changed
from their initdb-time settings for initdb-time objects.  What that
means is that if you don't change the privileges for the public schema
from what they're set to at initdb-time, then we don't dump out any ACL
commands for the public schema.  That ends up being incorrect in '-c'
mode because we drop the public schema in that mode and recreate it, in
which case we need to re-implement the ACLs which existed for the public
schema at initdb-time.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment