Re: Removing the default grant of EXECUTE on functions/procedures to PUBLIC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Removing the default grant of EXECUTE on functions/procedures to PUBLIC
Date
List pgsql-general
"Tefft, Michael J" <Michael.J.Tefft@snapon.com> writes:
> I am trying to remove the default grant of EXECUTE on all functions/procedures to PUBLIC.
>> From my reading, there is no straightforward way to do this. For example,
> ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES REVOKE EXECUTE ON FUNCTIONS FROM PUBLIC;
> Does not apply this across the entire cluster (or database) but only applies to the role who issued it (and objects
yetto be created by that role) .
> So I am arriving at the conclusion that I need to alter the default privileges for every existing role (which I
expected),and ensure that default privileges are altered for every new role that is created going forward.

> Have I analyzed this correctly?

You'll also need to repeat the ALTERs in each database of your
installation.

            regards, tom lane