Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix tab completion in psql for ALTER DEFAULTPRIVILEGES - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix tab completion in psql for ALTER DEFAULTPRIVILEGES
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > Lastly, we weren't using the actual list of allowed kinds of
> > objects for default privileges for completion after the 'GRANT X ON' but
> > instead were completeing to what 'GRANT X ON' supports, which isn't the
> > ssame at all.
>
> /me scratches head.

'ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES ... GRANT X ON' can be followed by the literal
term 'TABLES', or 'FUNCTIONS', etc.

'GRANT X ON ' can be followed by an actual table.

A bit awkward to write out in a single sentence though.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment