Re: pg_class (system) table increasing size. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_class (system) table increasing size.
Date
List pgsql-general
dhaval jaiswal wrote:
> I did check and found it was the bloated size of pg_class which was slowing down the performance.
>
> It got fixed by adding in routine maintenance task. Things are fine now.

Good to know.

> However, I want to know how come pg_class  (system table) get bloated/affected.
>
> What could be the possible ways, where i can look into.

The most common cause is high traffic temp table usage.

> Due to business impact auto vacuum is off.

Yeah, that's a really bad idea and you should turn it on and configure
it so that it doesn't impact business.  Having it turned off is
definitely not recommended.