Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Richard W.M. Jones
Subject Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 10:08:07PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones@redhat.com> writes:
> > ../../../src/include/storage/s_lock.h:890:2: error: #error PostgreSQL does not have native spinlock support on this
platform.To continue the compilation, rerun configure using --disable-spinlocks. However, performance will be poor.
Pleasereport this to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org.

> Hi Richard,
>
> What's a RISC-V, and can you provide some gcc assembler implementing
> spinlocks for it?  See commentary and code for other platforms in
> src/include/storage/s_lock.h.

That attached patch allows PostgreSQL to compile successfully.  I'm
still examining the test failures, but I think they are irrelevant to
this.

Please note that you also need to update config/config.{sub,guess} to
the latest versions from upstream
(https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/config_002eguess.html)
since your current versions are too old to understand the riscv{32,64}
architectures.

Rich.

Attachment