Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Gilles Darold 2016-10-14 <be9571dc-ae7c-63d4-6750-d7243cb5fbc0@dalibo.com>
> Agree, the usability of the current version is really a pain. What I've
> thought is that the function could return the csv log in all case when
> csvlog is set in log_destination and the stderr log file when csvlog is
> not defined. We can also have a parametrer to ask for a specific log
> format, like pg_current_logfile('csv') or pg_current_logfile('stderr').

Good idea to add an optional parameter.

pg_current_logfile(type text DEFAULT 'auto')

pg_current_logfile()
pg_current_logfile('stderr')
pg_current_logfile('csvlog')
pg_current_logfile('auto')

I think I'd prefer the stderr variant by default when both variants
are configured.

Christoph