Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Euler Taveira wrote:
> > On 29-09-2016 10:42, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> > >   if I click here https://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit96/
> > > unfortunately I am not redirected to the Italian page (which exists and
> > > is here: https://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit96/it/). I am
> > > not sure content negotiation is working properly.
> > >
> > If you go About > Press, you see all translation links available. I
> > agree with you that a link inside every translated press would be good.

I previously said:
 I think the only reasonable option is that the pgweb code fills in the
 list of available translations in front of each one, based on the files
 that exist in the server.  Perhaps the way to do this would be to put
 the translations in the database; that would also make it easier to add
 new translations as they arrive.

 Obviously, it's not something that's to happen for 9.6, but if someone
 is willing to hack pgweb for pg10 ...

One more thing I just noticed.  If you go to the front page, the
featured content box has links to the announcement, but it is not
possible to get to the translated release kits, nor there is any
indication that they exist at all.  I don't think this has been properly
considered.