Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations

From: Josh berkus
Subject: Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations
Date: ,
Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations  (Magnus Hagander)
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations  (Alvaro Herrera, )
 Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations  (Josh berkus, )
  Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations  (Magnus Hagander, )
   Re: [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations  (Gabriele Bartolini, )

On 09/29/2016 10:07 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Euler Taveira wrote:
>>>>
>>> If you go About > Press, you see all translation links available. I
>>> agree with you that a link inside every translated press would be good.
>
> I previously said:
>  I think the only reasonable option is that the pgweb code fills in the
>  list of available translations in front of each one, based on the files
>  that exist in the server.  Perhaps the way to do this would be to put
>  the translations in the database; that would also make it easier to add
>  new translations as they arrive.
>
>  Obviously, it's not something that's to happen for 9.6, but if someone
>  is willing to hack pgweb for pg10 ...
>
> One more thing I just noticed.  If you go to the front page, the
> featured content box has links to the announcement, but it is not
> possible to get to the translated release kits, nor there is any
> indication that they exist at all.  I don't think this has been properly
> considered.

I was operating under the assumption that the translationed versions
showed up automatically, as they did on the old website code.  I wasn't
aware that they didn't, anymore.  In 4 years (or more)?  this is the
first time anyone has brought it up.

The chain to find the translations is announcement --> presskit -->
translations --> press page.  Which is pretty obscure if you have to
find them that way.