Re: pgsql: Address portability issues in bfe16d1a5 test output. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Address portability issues in bfe16d1a5 test output.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 2016-09-12 21:25:05 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hm, lapwing says this can't run in parallel with "misc" either :-(

Gah. That's probably why I had originally had it running in the rules
group.  But isn't that user_relns() test just a bad idea independent of
this failure? I mean what's the benefit of returning all relations
there, besides causing regression test churn?  If you look at a git
blame you can see that there's quite a bit of changes in those few lines
of expected output.

> I'm not sure about the change you made to have generate_series output
> just one row --- isn't that losing some of the point of the test?

For me the test was mostly verifying that the pushdown logic does
something sensible, namely that the aggrefs are at the right level.

Andres