Re: Serialization failures on PQ9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Serialization failures on PQ9.5
Date
List pgsql-bugs

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20151014164844.3019.25750%40wrigleys.postgresql.org#20151014164844.3019.25750@wrigleys.postgresql.org
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20151014164844.3019.25750@wrigleys.postgresql.org#20151014164844.3019.25750@wrigleys.postgresql.org>.

> Now, we are facing the same issue using 9.0e-20160504 with psql 9.5.4.
> We are getting ERROR: could not serialize access due to concurrent update
> When executing 2 same sql at same time:
> UPDATE "stock_quant" SET "qty"=10.0,"write_uid"=1,"write_date"=(now() at time zone 'UTC') WHERE id IN (271941)
>
> Just want to know, is there any final solution for this bug? Has it been fixed on 9.5.4 or not?

9.5.4 was tagged on August and the fix was pushed on 15th July, so 9.5.4
should definitely not exhibit the same problem.

Note that you can receive the "could not serialize access ..." error
message for other cases, so it's not necessarily a bug that you are
getting it.