Re: Logical decoding slots can go backwards when used from SQL, docs are wrong - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Logical decoding slots can go backwards when used from SQL, docs are wrong
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016-09-02 10:50:17 +0200, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> Okay that sounds reasonable, the SQL interface is already somewhat different
> than walsender as it does not really "stream" so makes sense to improve the
> behavior there. As a side note, I would really like to have cursor-like SQL
> interface which behaves more like walsender one but that's very different
> patch.

FWIW, with the changes in https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160827214829.zo2dfb5jaikii5nw@alap3.anarazel.de
thats starting to be realistic for a function based interface. By
switching things over to ValuePerCall mode you could actually use a
cursor, without pre-materializing all changes.

Greetings,

Andres Freund