Re: pg_bsd_indent - improvements around offsetof and sizeof - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_bsd_indent - improvements around offsetof and sizeof
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 11:47:09AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2016-08-15 18:09:02 +0000, Piotr Stefaniak wrote:
> > There are more fixes I intend to do, of which the most relevant for
> > Postgres are:
> > 1) fixing "function pointer typedef formatting"
>
> This alone would warrant a bottle of something rather expensive.

Agreed.  I was kind of hoping we could use this for the pgindent run we
just did, but that is being done just before 9.6 final, which seems too
close.  I suggest we run it once everything is ready, and run it on all
back-branches so we can backpatch things.  The ideal time would probably
be right after we have done minor releases.  The problem is that this is
going to break queued-up patches, so maybe it has to be done right
before 10.0 beta, and again, to all back branches too.

http://enterprisedb.com