Re: No longer possible to query catalogs for index capabilities? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: No longer possible to query catalogs for index capabilities?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> writes:
> > Where'd be a good place to put that function? ruleutils? catalog/index.c ?
>
> > (ruleutils is way too big already)
>
> Agreed.  catalog/index.c is not a place that implements SQL-visible
> functions, so I don't like that either.
>
> One idea is utils/adt/misc.c.  Or we could make a new file under
> utils/adt/ though I'm not very sure what to name it.  amaccess.c?
> catutils.c?  If there's only ever likely to be one or two functions
> of this ilk, maybe a new file is overkill and we should just use misc.c.

I like the idea of a new file; I have a hunch that it will grow, given
that we're expanding in this area, and perhaps we can find some existing
stuff to relocate there in the future.  I don't think a small file is a
problem, anyway.

How about amfuncs.c?  Maybe it can live in catalog/ instead of
utils/adt?