DROP EXTENSION - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From mschwan@opentext.com
Subject DROP EXTENSION
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/sql-dropextension.html

I dropped an extension in my database with a function dependency.  The
function was dropped (without messages of dependencies) and leaving the
function intact.
The lines "DROP EXTENSION removes extensions from the database. Dropping an
extension causes its component objects to be dropped as well." is not clear.
 It should be stated that by default the dependencies remain intact after
the drop.
However, I think this is an error in the command.  It should be the default
behavior to produce an error message stating there are dependencies and the
extension cannot be dropped.