Re: 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Cat
Subject Re: 10.0
Date
Re: 10.0  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 01:38:44PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 06/14/2016 12:46 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>
> >Any ideas on naming for such a function? version_detail()? I suppose
> >while we're at this we might as well provide the compile details as well.
>
> version(detail) or version(verbose)

If we're looking at forward only changes, is it possible to introduce a
JSONB output to it. Then people can rip out whichever component they want
at will.

For example:

{"full": 10.0,"major": 10,"patchlevel": 0
}

and whatever else may be pertinent. I used numeric types above but they
can be strings if that works better.

We have the capability to provide (semi-)structured data. Might be an idea
to make greater use of it.

--  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."   -
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/wacky/indeed/story-e6frev20-1111118083480