Prepared statements and generic plans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Prepared statements and generic plans
Date
Re: Prepared statements and generic plans  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
In Postgres 9.2 we improved the logic of when generic plans are used by
EXECUTE.  We weren't sure how well it would work, and the docs included
a vague description on when generic plans are chosen.

I have gotten a few questions lately about how prepared statements are
handled with multiple executions so I have updated the PREPARE manual
page with the attached patch to more clearly explain generic plans and
when they are chosen.

I would like to apply this to the 9.6 docs.

Attachment