Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter J. Holzer
Subject Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2016-05-09 16:18:39 -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2016 13:02:53 -0700
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> > So define PHP runs as 'nobody'?
>
> Because of the way PHP and Apache works PHP script have to run as the
> Apache user which, in my case anyway, is "nobody" so every PHP script
> runs as nobody.

This is not really true. You can use FastCGI to run PHP for each site as
a different user. For Apache there is also an MPM
(http://mpm-itk.sesse.net/) which lets you run apache processes (and
therefore also any embedded mod_php) under different uids. So while
running everything as nobody is the default, it is possible to use
different users, and I would strongly recommend doing this if you have
multiple customers.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | I want to forget all about both belts and
|_|_) |                    | suspenders; instead, I want to buy pants
| |   | hjp@hjp.at         | that actually fit.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- http://noncombatant.org/

Attachment