Re: Issue with clusters with '-' in the name - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Issue with clusters with '-' in the name
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: David Peall 2016-04-19 <E7F3EFD1-82A2-47BB-833D-EFA6BBD66969@dnservices.co.za>
> Hi
>
> pc_ctlcluseter doesn’t work with cluster names containing ‘-‘ the latest version of postgres from
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ xenial-pgdg main
>
> Steps to reproduce the error:
> pg_createcluster 9.5 test-dash
> pg_ctlcluster 9.5 test-dash start - doesn’t work

Hi,

that's a known issue with the systemd integration:

$ head -4 /lib/systemd/system/postgresql\@.service
# systemd service template for PostgreSQL clusters. The actual instances will
# be called "postgresql@version-cluster", e.g. "postgresql@9.3-main". The
# variable %i expands to "version-cluster", %I expands to "version/cluster".
# (%I breaks for cluster names containing dashes.)

Since postgresql-common 171 (18 Dec 2015) you should get a warning when
creating clusters with dashes in the name.

Could you verify which postgresql-common version you have there?

Christoph