Re: pgsql: CREATE INDEX ... INCLUDING (column[, ...]) - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgsql: CREATE INDEX ... INCLUDING (column[, ...])
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
> >> CREATE INDEX ... INCLUDING (column[, ...])
> >
> > Buildfarm members that don't like // comments are dying on this bit
> > in tuplesort.c:
> >
> >         state->nKeys = IndexRelationGetNumberOfKeyAttributes(indexRel); //FIXME
> >
> > I assume that the problem here is larger than just failure to adhere to
> > C89 comment style.  Was this patch really ready to commit?  I'm not very
> > happy that such a large patch went from "Needs review" to "Committed" in
> > the blink of an eye on the very last commitfest day ... and artifacts like
> > this aren't doing anything to increase my confidence in it.
>
> +1.  I wonder if this should be reverted entirely.

This also broke pg_dump when connecting to pre-9.6 systems.  That's a
pretty easy fix and I was just about to push a fix for that, but will
hold off if this is going to be reverted..

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment