Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Anyway, while refactoring the make_join_rel/add_paths_to_joinrel division
> of labor wouldn't be such a big deal in itself, I don't want to commit a
> change to JoinType only to undo it later; that would be too much churn.
> So I think we need to resolve this question before we can move forward.
> I don't know if you have time to look at this now --- my clock says it's
> already Friday morning in New Zealand.

FWIW the feature freeze rules state that it is allowed for a committer
to request an extension to the feature freeze date for individual
patches:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmoY56w5FOzeEo%2Bi48qehL%2BBsVTwy-Q1M0xjUhUCwgGW7-Q%40mail.gmail.com
It seems to me that the restrictions laid out there are well met for
this patch, if you only need a couple of additional days for this patch
to get in.