Re: pgbench randomness initialization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgbench randomness initialization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO wrote:

> While testing it I had a funny pattern, something like:
>
>   pgbench --random-seed=123 -M prepared -T 3 -P 1 -S
>   1.0: 600 tps
>   2.0: 600 tps
>   3.0: 600 tps

The output should include the random seed used, whether it was passed
with --random-seed, environment variable or randomly determined.  That
way, the user that later wants to verify why a particular run caused
some particular misbehavior knows what seed to use to reproduce that
run.