Re: BUG #14050: "could not reserve shared memory region" in postgresql log - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: BUG #14050: "could not reserve shared memory region" in postgresql log
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 08:05:34AM +0000, Schuch, Mathias (Mathias) wrote:
> We use the PostgreSQL setup from EnterpriseDB. There is a McAfee VirisScan Enterprise 8.8 running on the system.

You could try updating to PostgreSQL 9.3.12 and disabling the antivirus
software.  I don't have a specific reason to expect those to help, but they're
relatively easy.

In your position, I would next instrument postgres.exe to log a memory map of
the child during pgwin32_ReserveSharedMemoryRegion().  That would show which
DLL created the address space collision.