Re: pgbench more operators & functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgbench more operators & functions
Date
Re: pgbench more operators & functions  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016-04-04 06:18:47 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> I'd say "why not wait?". Minor, non-urgent patches will definitely go
> nowhere for a long time, so it gains nobody to submit now.
>
> Submitting patches during freeze has been discouraged for many years, so
> asking a long term contributor to avoid sending multiple minor patches is
> in line with that.

I don't see much point in asking people to postpone. I do think however
it can make sense to respond with something like:
Fabien, you've been submitting a lot of patches over the last
year. Thanks for the that! To keep up with the amount of incoming work
the prject relies on contributors also shouldering some review
responsibility. Please consider focusing on that, while we're working on
getting 9.6 ready.