Re: Distributed Table Partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter J. Holzer
Subject Re: Distributed Table Partitioning
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2016-03-12 21:19:11 -0500, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> Why don't you just make use of tablespaces and partition the child tablespaces
> so that the newer parttion is on the SSD and the older one is on SATA?

Since he mentioned virtual private servers (VPS) the reason might be
that his hoster offers VPS with SSDs (of various sizes) and VPS with
rotating hard disks (of various sizes), but not VPS with both. So he
can't rent a VPS with a relatively small SSD and a larger hard disk.

That might be a reason to look for an alternate hoster, but if he's
otherwise happy, switching to an unknown provider might be considered
too large a risk.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | I want to forget all about both belts and
|_|_) |                    | suspenders; instead, I want to buy pants
| |   | hjp@hjp.at         | that actually fit.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- http://noncombatant.org/

Attachment