Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Victor Wagner
Subject Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Date
Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
List pgsql-hackers

'postgresql://thom@127.0.0.1:5530,127.0.0.1:5531,127.0.0.1:5532,127.0.0.1:5533/postgres?hostorder=random&readonly=1&failover_timeout=5'
> -c 'show port'

Here is new version of the patch. Now I've reworked hostorder=random and
it seems to work as well as sequential. failover_timeout works too.
I've also found a case when attempt to connect fail when receiving
FATAL message from server which is not properly up yet. So, it is fixed
too.

Addititonally, error messages from all failed connect attempts are not
accumulated now. Only last one is returned.

--
                                   Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru>

Attachment