Re: WIP patch to improve amvalidate functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: WIP patch to improve amvalidate functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> I'm posting this now just in case anyone has some comments, or quibbles
> about the overall intent.  In particular, if anyone has an idea for a more
> thorough missing-objects check on BRIN opfamilies, I would like to hear
> it.  The fact that there are two kinds of opfamilies with rather different
> internal consistency requirements is a real pain there, and the check
> rules I have here are definitely the result of some trial and error.

Without reading your code: maybe each opfamily framework could itself
provide a validator function as a separate support procedure (currently
brin_minmax_validate and brin_inclusion_validate); so the generic BRIN
amvalidate verifies the basic elements of the opfamily, then hands off
to the opfamily-framework-specific validator function for additional
checking.