Re: 2016-01 Commitfest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 2016-01 Commitfest
Date
Re: 2016-01 Commitfest  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Two weeks into the commitfest, things have moved a bit:
Needs review: 53.Waiting on Author: 20.Ready for Committer: 10.Committed: 16.
Total: 99.        https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/

We have two committed patches since last report -- not a lot for a whole
week.  We've managed to review a few patches though: WoA went from 14 to
20.  Patch authors have something to do rather just twiddle their
thumbs^W^W^W review others' patches.

Remember: reviewing patches where somebody else has marked themselves as
reviewer is still welcome.  You could spot things the other person might
miss.

Committers: There are patches for you to push!  Go pick one up right now!
(And remember: marking yourself as committer for a patch makes it
unlikely for anybody else to review/commit it.  If you do not intend to
review+commit such a patch soon, it's probably better to remove yourself
as committer.)

Many patches seem stalled without review:  Table partition + join pushdown    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/325/
multivariatestatistics        https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/450/  Implement failover on libpq level
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/389/ Unique Joins                https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/129/  Replace
buffermanager spinlock with atomic operations                      https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/408/

Reviews of those patches would be useful, to keep things moving forward.