Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've been giving RecoveryTest.pm a look. I wonder if we really need that
as a separate package.  My first thought was that we could have another
class that inherits from PostgresNode (say RecoveryNode).  But later it
occured to me that we could have the new functions just be part of
PostgresNode itself directly; so we would have some new PostgresNode
methods:$node->enable_streaming$node->enable_restoring$node->enable_archiving$node->wait (your
RecoveryTest::wait_for_node;better name for this?)

and some additional constructors:make_mastermake_stream_standbymake_archive_standby