Re: BUG #13784: cannot create table with table name testtbl - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: BUG #13784: cannot create table with table name testtbl
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:45:10PM +0000, biznixcn@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      13784
> Logged by:          biznixcn
> Email address:      biznixcn@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.5
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04.3 docker container
>
> As long as the name of table I wanted to create is 'testtbl', the query will
> run forever.
> CREATE TABLE testtbl (
>     did     integer,
>     name    varchar(40) UNIQUE
> );
>
> No error message

I find it highly unlikely. Can you show us some screenshot proving this?
Run it in psql session, and make screenshot when it "runs forever".
(don't post the screenshot to list, just put it on imgur.com, and send
us link to the image)

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/