Re: New email address - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: New email address
Date
Re: New email address  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> That's a direct effect of the dmarc policy change. Yahoo no longer supports
> their customers using mailing lists. They changed their policies for such
> emails to hard reject, which makes Gmail (and presumably others) stick them
> in spam.. It would happen to all the emails except the ones where you are
> on direct cc.

FWIW we've been rejecting posts coming from @yahoo.com addresses for a
long time now, since DMARC was first introduced.  We didn't get around
to blocking other domains owned by Yahoo such as ymail.com or national
yahoo subdomains, but I assume (without checking) that those will cause
trouble too and we will have to block them out in order not to fill our
queues with useless bounces.