Re: New email address - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: New email address
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> That's a direct effect of the dmarc policy change. Yahoo no longer supports
> their customers using mailing lists. They changed their policies for such
> emails to hard reject, which makes Gmail (and presumably others) stick them
> in spam.. It would happen to all the emails except the ones where you are
> on direct cc.

FWIW we've been rejecting posts coming from @yahoo.com addresses for a
long time now, since DMARC was first introduced.  We didn't get around
to blocking other domains owned by Yahoo such as ymail.com or national
yahoo subdomains, but I assume (without checking) that those will cause
trouble too and we will have to block them out in order not to fill our
queues with useless bounces.

Yes. The difference is they changed it from a soft fail to a hard reject, AIUI. From all of their domains (Kevin forwarded me the responses from Yahoo support). So the problem got worse, but it's the same basic one.