Re: New email address - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New email address
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> That's a direct effect of the dmarc policy change. Yahoo no longer supports
>> their customers using mailing lists. They changed their policies for such
>> emails to hard reject, which makes Gmail (and presumably others) stick them
>> in spam.. It would happen to all the emails except the ones where you are
>> on direct cc.

> FWIW we've been rejecting posts coming from @yahoo.com addresses for a
> long time now, since DMARC was first introduced.  We didn't get around
> to blocking other domains owned by Yahoo such as ymail.com or national
> yahoo subdomains, but I assume (without checking) that those will cause
> trouble too and we will have to block them out in order not to fill our
> queues with useless bounces.

FWIW, my neighborhood's mailing list just recently implemented some
changes that were supposed to allow the list to work again for Yahoo
and other DMARC-affected users, after quite some time without service.
I don't know how successful they were at that, nor how difficult the
changes were ... but I do know the list server was offline for more
than a day while the changes went in, so it was less than trivial.
The only real change I can detect from looking at mail headers is that
it seems the list may now be attaching its own DKIM-Signature header
to emails that had one upon arrival.

If anyone thinks we might be motivated to become DMARC compliant,
I can inquire for more details.  But I won't bother unless there's
real interest.