ROLES and ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject ROLES and ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

The docs for ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES state:

    You can change default privileges only for objects that will be
    created by yourself or by roles that you are a member of.

but I have not been able to reproduce the "or by roles that you are a
member of" part.  The attached script should create a table tab_one()
which role baz can read.  No such grant occurs.

As I understand the docs, anything created by bar have the same
default privileges as foo, and of any other roles of which bar is a
member.

I think that this is a bug, and that the fix should be back-patched.

What say?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!